As a leading recruiter within the Property, Construction & Engineering and Financial Services & Accounting sectors, Cobalt Consulting recognises its obligations as both an employer and a provider of recruitment services to the wider community.
Our Commitment to Equal Opportunities and Diversity
Cobalt Consulting is committed to promoting equal opportunities and diversity, as an employer, a provider of recruitment services, customer and supplier. We make every effort to prevent discrimination against any of our employees, candidates or clients on the basis of gender, race, age, ethnic or national origin, disability, religion or political belief.
We monitor the gender, age and ethnicity of applicants across all roles and levels that we recruit for. These statistics can be provided to clients on request in order to help them achieve their own organisational aims.
Equal opportunity is all about good and fair employment practice and makes sound business sense. Everyone has the right to work and do business in an environment free of discrimination and harassment and we will not tolerate such behaviour under any circumstances.
Following the implementation of the Age Discrimination Law in October 2006, Cobalt has ensured that all current and new consultants are made aware of its implications through training and monitoring of their work. This has included changes to the registration process, a fully compliant database and ensuring that our advertising does not contravene the legislation.
Whilst this may be perceived as a minor contribution to our local community, we are aware of our corporate expansion plans for the future and what the impact will be on our immediate environment. We are strong believers that for a company the size of Cobalt, it is the minor contributions to our environment that make a difference in the long term. Examples of our contribution to our local community are:
- It is Cobalt’s policy to return all printer cartridges to the manufacturer for recycling.
- We outsource our recycling to Paper Round who collect our paper waste.
- Cobalt has installed a water purifier system so to reduce the purchase of plastic water bottles which are a major landfill issue.
- We donate all functioning IT hardware (which is obsolete for our business purposes) to local schools.
- Installation of showers in our central London office to encourage cycling and running to and from work.
Well Being and Health and Safety
Cobalt is a strong advocate of a healthy work/life balance, and accepts its responsibility in ensuring that individuals achieve this. We do this through:
- Discouraging any additional hours being worked, whether it be before or after the core working day or at weekends, which is communicated at the outset of their careers here and continually reinforced throughout the business.
- Encouraging employees to run, walk or cycle to work where possible so that individuals can in turn reduce environmental damage by unnecessary use of taxis or private transport. To make this a viable and realistic option, we provide on-site showering facilities.
- Ensuring that full holiday entitlement is exercised each year, by not carrying forward annual leave.
- Introducing incentive schemes which centre on taking time off or relaxing trips abroad, often including partners.
- Encouraging sporting activities, including football, netball, running, cycling and golf weekends.
- Free flu vaccinations annually for all staff, administered by a qualified health professional at the office.
- Flexible working and child care vouchers are available to employees with family commitments.
We take the health and safety of our employees very seriously, with our health and safety policy being communicated to all new employees through the employee handbook. We engage an independent health and safety consultant to review our practices annually.
Cobalt Recruitment is committed to supporting our communities, the environment and the people who work for and represent our organisation. Due to the nature of our global business, we elect one global charity partner that our 90 employees fundraise for via a number of schemes and events. We also use our company birthday of October 1st to collectively raise funds from all our offices.
At present our global charity partner is The International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement, which strives to alleviate human suffering, protect life and health, and uphold human dignity especially during armed conflicts and other emergencies. This year, our aim is to raise £2500 for this worthy cause. In addition, we like to give back to our local communities so additional regional charities are also elected via an employee voting system.
Equal Opportunities and Diversity Resources
The following links provide a variety of sources of information and advice on the subject of equal opportunities & diversity in the workplace. Cobalt Consulting accepts no responsibility for the content of external sites.
c2e – Committed to Equality
This Website has been developed for the use of all organisations, to enable them to implement the C2E Equality and Diversity programme.
Equal Opportunities Commission
The Equal Opportunities Commission is the leading agency working to eliminate sex discrimination in 21st Century Britain.
Disabilities Rights Commission
The DRC has identified its goal being “a society where all disabled people can participate fully as equal citizens”, the DRC provide helplines, legal services, advisory groups etc for disabled people.
Commission for Racial Equality
The Commission for Racial Equality is a publicly funded, non-governmental body set up under the 1976 Race Relations Act to tackle racial discrimination and promote racial equality.
Quality Management Statement
Cobalt Recruitment is a consultancy specialising in the recruitment of real estate, finance, infrastructure & energy and education professionals established in 2001. We provide the following services:
- Contingency recruitment consultancy services
- Temporary and interim recruitment services
- Advertised selection recruitment services
- Retained recruitment services
- Salary surveys and market information
- Career Management services
We strive to provide our clients and candidates with services which meet and exceed their expectations. We are committed to continuous improvement and have established a Quality Management System which provides a framework for measuring and improving our performance.
Our QMS contains the following elements:
- Regular gathering and monitoring of client and candidate feedback, including complaints.
- Training of staff through in-house training programmes and in conjunction with carefully selected external providers.
- Regular management reviews with all staff, including support staff.
- Clear internal communication through a streamlined management reporting structure.
- An annual, thorough internal and external audit programme.
- Awareness and training as appropriate in relevant changes to employment and emigration legislation which affect our markets.
Our quality policy is included in the staff handbook. We require all employees to read the policy and implement it into their practices.
The Managing Director is ultimately responsible for quality but all employees are encouraged to be responsible for the quality of the service within their direct responsibility. We also have a Quality Assurance Representative based in our London office.
Our policy is reviewed annually.
Website usage terms and conditions
The information contained in this website has been prepared solely for the purpose of providing general information about Cobalt Recruitment, its partners and the services that they offer.
Whilst every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided is accurate, it does not constitute any form of advice, recommendation, representation, endorsement or arrangement by Cobalt Recruitment.
The information presented is believed to be reliable but it’s subject to change at any time without notice. Cobalt Recruitment do not guarantee its completeness or accuracy. By accessing this website you agree that Cobalt Recruitment will not be liable for any direct, indirect or consequential loss arising from the use of the information and material contained in this website or from your access of other material on the internet via web links from this site.
The copyright in the material contained in this website belongs to Cobalt Recruitment. Any person may copy any part of this material, subject to the following conditions:
- The material may be used only for non-commercial purposes;
- The copies must retain any copyright or other intellectual property notices contained in the original material;
- The products described in this website may be the subject of other intellectual property rights reserved by Cobalt Recruitment or other third parties. No licence is granted in respect of those intellectual property rights.
- Images, pictures, videos, logos and graphics on this site are protected by copyright and may not be reproduced or appropriated in any manner without written permission of their respective owner(s).
2. The Data Protection Act 1998
Cobalt Recruitment website complies with the principles of the Data Protection Act 1998.
3. Use Made of Personal Information
Personal information provided to Cobalt Recruitment via Cobalt Recruitment website will be used for the purposes outlined at the time of collection.
In addition, personal information may be used for statistical analysis.
Personal data will be collected and processed by Cobalt Recruitment for the following purposes:
to provide goods and services, including marketing, advertising and promotions, unless a user elects to opt-out of receiving such communications.
Your personal details will not be made available to any third parties.
5. Use of Data For Direct Marketing Purposes
At each point of data collection users are given the opportunity to opt-out of receiving future direct marketing material from Cobalt Recruitment. Where users do not opt-out of such communications, Cobalt Recruitment may provide information on The company’s products, membership services, events, and training and education programmes. If at any time users want Cobalt Recruitment to stop sending such communications they should write to:
Cobalt Recruitment London
125 - 130 Strand
6. Verifying, updating and amending your personal information
If, at any time, a user wants to verify, update or amend their personal data they may simply email their request to firstname.lastname@example.org
Verification, updating or amendment of personal data takes place within 40 days of receipt of the request.
Cookies are used on this website.
8. Links to Third Party Websites
The Company is not responsible for the privacy policies of third party websites. The Company advises users to read the privacy policies of other websites before registering any personal data.
The Company holds your personal data in accordance with the security provisions of the Data Protection legislation.
10. Notification of Changes
Users have the right to ask Cobalt Recruitment for a copy of the personal data held about them and to request that Cobalt Recruitment correct any inaccuracies in that information.