Property Manager (Independent Living)
- GBP30000.00 - GBP31000 per annum
- UK, Midlands
- Property & Real Estate, Wohnen
- 2 Januar 2019
Property Manager (Independent Living)
Based West Midlands
Salary up to £31,000
One of the UK's leading housing groups providing high quality, good value homes to over 100,000 customers is looking for a Property Manager to oversee the Midlands.
Their Independent Living offer provides flexible and adaptable housing solutions that support customer's individual needs, enabling them to live life to the full. For the over 55's, they provide a wide choice of high quality, good value retirement housing whether that is for rent, part rent, part buy. They offer worry free retirement living with flexible housing options that provide the level of support our customer's need, when they need it, whether that is independent living apartments, assisted living accommodation or housing with additional care. They enable our customers to live an independent lifestyle and offer a wide range of services and facilities to support this.
Working as part of a team to deliver excellent services to older and vulnerable customers, by ensuring property conditions achieve desired standards.
Carrying out regular property checks and ensuring that repairs and improvements are carried out in accordance with budgets and priorities.
Working closely with scheme-based employees who are responsible for day to day operations of the buildings and services to customers.
Working closely with Property Managers across the company, to deliver activities flexibly and consistently, while ensuring that the specific requirements of specialist housing are met.
- Responsible for a defined portfolio of properties, carrying out regular site visits and property inspections including individual customer properties and dealing with matters arising in line with service standards. Assisting other property management colleagues to ensure inspections are undertaken as required.
- Attending resident meetings. Actively engage with customers in relation to property matters, associated services, and procurement activities ensuring that customer views are considered and responsible for ensuring that appropriate consultation takes place in respect of accounts and expenditure, including Section 20 works and contracts.
- Accountable for the achievement of key performance indicators across their portfolio, working with the Regional Property Manager to ensure targets are met.
- Maintain legal and operating agreements with managing agents and commercial tenants (where applicable), taking enforcement action as necessary.
- Take enforcement action on leaseholders, and freeholders for breach of covenants and represent the company in court or tribunal cases as necessary.
- Accountable for compliance with relevant H&S legislation and policies across the portfolio, remedying deficiencies as appropriate. Responsible for ensuring that accurate records are maintained at all times.
- Producing specifications for works and services as appropriate, ensuring best value at all times and managing works as required.
- Liaise with the Customer Service Centre and other relevant departments, on individual cases, to ensure a seamless and effective and service is provided to customers.
- Supporting Property Services/Estate Services in Contractor Management.
- Contribution to budget control and monitoring of the portfolio, and management of service charge budgets, monitoring of expenditure and production of accounts.
- Participate in the company's out of hours service on a roster bases, in line with or current policy.
- Solid relevant residential property management experience
- Understanding of the social housing sector and the needs/aspirations of older or vulnerable customers
- Associate IRPM qualification
- Knowledge of relevant legislation eg. Landlord & Tenant Act, RICS Code etc
- Experience of budget management, financial control and delivering cost efficiency
- Good working knowledge of building management and repair projects
- Strong customer service ethos and culture, able to make decisions based on customer feedback and understanding their needs
- Experience of effectively leading change, taking a commercial and customer-focused approach
- Experience of working with customers to develop and shape great services
- Understanding of and commitment to equality and diversity, treating others with respect and managing the impact of behaviours on others
- Practical attitude and ability to make decisions
- Commercial acumen and negotiation experience
- Ability to work collaboratively across different teams, and with partners, to achieve shared goals
- A commitment to continuing professional development
- Flexible approach to travel and working hours to accommodate customer meetings and out of hours rota
- Experience of working in a fast-paced, customer-focused environment
In return for hard work, my client offers excellent progression opportunity and an excellent package. Please apply with your CV.
Lesen Sie hier unsere aktuelle Datenschutzerklärung.
Wenn diese Position für Sie nicht von Interesse ist, registrieren Sie sich online mit Ihrem Lebenslauf, um künftig bei passenden Vakanzen berücksichtig werden zu können. Alternativ können Sie sich auch für Job-Benachrichtigungen per E-Mail anmelden.