Case Manager / Field Officer
- Auckland, Auckland Central
- Property & Real Estate, Development
- 12 April 2019
MATES in Construction is a charity established in Australia in 2008 to directly address and reduce the high level of suicide among Australian construction workers. They are unique in that they foster ownership and control of the program with the Australian building and construction industry.
The MATES in Construction program is looking to expand its reach to New Zealand and are looking to hire a Case Manager/Field Officer to pilot the program based in Auckland.
Reporting to the NZ General Manager you will be responsible to create opportunities for conversation, education and advocacy for workers who may be struggling with mental health concerns and issues of hardship and to create effective referral pathways with relevant services.
This role walks alongside individuals and /or worksites to engage and build rapport, to initiate conversation, and to identify and address concerns relating to mental health and/or suicide thoughts or suicide grief. In this role, you will have the opportunity to make a significant difference in workers lives. It is both rewarding and challenging.
- Promoting the MATES in Construction program across the industry
- Deliver the MATES program on construction worksites
- Build and support volunteer networks on site
- Train workers in suicide prevention and support
- Provide feedback and engage with all parts of the MATES in Construction organisation
- Attending networking events, public speaking and hosting events
- Input to the development and evaluation of training material.
To be Considered:
- A degree in Social Work or equivalent.
- A current New Zealand driver’s license is required
- Training qualifications or experience facilitating training
- Highly developed communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills including the ability to liaise with workers and employers from the construction industry
- Ability to deliver presentations and training to large groups of workers in a variety of circumstances and settings
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and flexibly within a team, manage workloads, set goals, and establish priorities to ensure deadlines and commitments are met
- Proven ability to build relationships in an effective and sensitive manner with employers and workers, particularly with workers who are at times experiencing significant levels of distress
This opportunity plays a critical role helping realise the vision of a suicide-free New Zealand Construction Industry. Improved mental health and wellbeing outcomes for workers and their families will be achieved through quality programs, education, professional support, capacity building and research.
To be considered please click the apply button or if you require more information please contact Matt Donnelly on 09 303 9093
Bitte bewerben Sie sich ausschließlich über den hier integrierten Bewerbungsbutton auf unserer Webseite. Bewerbungen per E-Mail können nicht berücksichtigt werden.
Lesen Sie hier unsere aktuelle Datenschutzerklärung.
Wenn diese Position für Sie nicht von Interesse ist, registrieren Sie sich online mit Ihrem Lebenslauf, um künftig bei passenden Vakanzen berücksichtig werden zu können.