Senior Quantity Surveyor
- GBP50000.00 - GBP60000.00 per annum
- UK, London
- Construction, Cost Estimation / Kalkulation
- 24 April 2018
Senior Quantity Surveyor
A new opportunity has become available for a Senior Quantity Surveyor to join a multi-disciplinary architectural and building consultancy. You will have the opportunity to be working on a range of projects, focusing on new build projects within a social housing environment. They are seeking an experienced and motivated Senior Quantity Surveying who has the ability and knowledge to successfully deliver projects through the full life cycle.
£50,000 - £60,000 Per Annum
(Depending on Experience)
You will be flexible with your approach to work and be able to tackle a variety of projects.
- Preparing Bills of Quantities for contracts ranging from £5M - £50M and carry out all requisite quantity surveying services from start to finish - valuations costings/cost updates, measures & final account
- Manage, negotiate and place orders for labour and sub-contractors, material suppliers on a competitive tender basis to ensure the business output is delivered on programme and within budget.
- Assist in the preparation of Site Budgets Detail a labour cost schedule including anticipated target hours.
- Scheduling and quantifying materials and labour.
- Negotiate and place orders for labour and sub-contractors, material suppliers on a competitive tender basis to ensure the business output is delivered on programme and within budget.
- Work alongside other departments to ensure project viability and improve cost effectiveness.
- Have responsibility for processing all Contractor, subcontractor and consultant orders and payments, variation orders and day works.
- Report on savings and excesses against budget costs and process, prepare and present information for monthly Profit & Loss meetings.
- Forecast final accounts and prepare and present cost to complete reports.
- Construction-related degree.
- Full membership of a recognised body such as APM / MCIOB / RICS.
- Experience of new build projects within a social housing provider.
- Demonstrable experience of managing complex projects with little supervision.
- Proficient IT skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- Self-motivated, ambitious and organised.
In return for the above they will be offering a positive, inclusive, friendly, social and professional environment. They pride themselves on being a team and enjoy hard work and what they do.
This role is an ideal opportunity to work for a well renowned and expanding company and to gain invaluable experience within the field.
What to do next… If you are interested in the position or wish for further information please submit your CV in Word format