Senior Quantity Surveyor
- Auckland, Auckland Central
- Construction, Cost Estimation / Kalkulation
- 6 August 2019
This company has traditional kiwi values - get the job done and get it done right first time with an emphasis on service and quality. They are now looking for a Senior Quantity Surveyor to join their close knit team among what is a larger and high performing Auckland office. They like a bit of banter, have a modern office, and regularly hold social and sporting events for the team. Most importantly they are genuine, passionate and down to earth people who love being a part of construction.
They are a mid tier main commercial contractor who work on projects between $20M - $100M which can vary from multi-storey residential and commercial to education, hotels and retail. The company has been around for over 20 years but the leaders themselves have been in construction for even longer than that. They are a very values based company who really pride themselves on the service they provide to clients and appreciate the team around them who apply the same level of engagement and ownership to their work.
- Review all Head Contract documents
- Prepare project procurement programme derived from construction target
- Coordinate, manage and assist with company tender bids
- Administration of sub-contractor trades
- Prepare monthly project control group report to outline progress of project
- Assist with cost control across all working projects and priorities
- Site visits as required to support site staff and monitor progress
- Assist in coordinating all efforts to obtain construction cert on project
- Prepare and negotiate large variation claims on live projects
- Support and mentor less experienced staff
- Attend meetings with senior management to review any relevant documents and provide strategic recommendations
- Maintain, comply with and contribute to a safe working environment
You will need:
- Minimum 10 years experience as a Quantity Surveyor including local NZ experience
- Tertiary qualification in related field
- Stable and consistent work history
- Experience delivering in a main contractor environment
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Thorough eye for detail and commercial awareness
- A positive reputation for building personable relationships with industry stakeholders
- A sense of humour and positive demeanor
If you are a skilled professional in the Construction industry, and would like to confidentially but proactively discuss this role or similar, please apply now or contact Rachel McNickle on 09 303 9093 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bitte bewerben Sie sich ausschließlich über den hier integrierten Bewerbungsbutton auf unserer Webseite. Bewerbungen per E-Mail können nicht berücksichtigt werden.
Lesen Sie hier unsere aktuelle Datenschutzerklärung.
Wenn diese Position für Sie nicht von Interesse ist, registrieren Sie sich online mit Ihrem Lebenslauf, um künftig bei passenden Vakanzen berücksichtig werden zu können.