Senior Project Planner
- GBP80000 - GBP90000 per annum + bonus, travel, pension, health
- UK, Surrey
- Construction, Planning Engineering
- 6 August 2019
Job Title - Senior Planner
Location - Guilford
Salary - £80,000 / £90,000 + Bonus, Car allowance, pension, health cover
As a major UK contractor our client has a diversified workload in the public, regulated and private sectors. The Division boasts a strong reputation for providing whole-life solutions, high standards of project delivery, and an ability to innovate. Our client is organised into five key segments: Building, Infrastructure, Facilities Management, Investments and Integrated Solutions
The Building Division works across health, education, defence and commercial markets, with a well-balanced spread of both public and private sector clients. Their extensive experience and expertise in building projects enables them to understand their clients' construction needs and deliver solutions that surpass their expectations.
Reporting to the Building Southern Head of Planning, the Senior Planner will provide a complete construction planning service at pre-qualification, pre-construction and construction stages, in line with my clients Planning Processes and Procedures and our number 1 Business Strategy "Delivering Excellence".
The candidate will be a reliable Senior Planner with good construction knowledge and working knowledge of NEC and JCT contracts. They will also be eager to train and develop junior members of the Planning Team.
This is a full time, permanent role that is primarily based at our Guildford or Brixton office, visiting sites and other regional offices across the South East as required. All Planners work on multiple tender, pre-construction and live projects.
The Senior Planner is expected to support the Project Teams on the larger and/or more complex projects in our portfolio.
* Ensure that the programme content and functionality is compliant with our clients Planning Processes and Procedures
* Provide full life-cycle planning support to multiple projects; tenders, pre-construction and live projects
* Review documents, specifications and scopes, identifying contract requires and major constraints.
* Provide detailed tender programmes, method statements and logistics proposals for inclusion in tender submissions
* Provide outline plans and methodologies at tender stage
* Visit sites to ascertain conditions and constraints to be taken into account when preparing tender programmes and method statements
* Promote the company at tender and contract interviews, presentations and meetings
* Produce detailed fully integrated design, procurement and construction stage Contract Programmes, that are fully resourced and cost-loaded
* Identify alternative methodologies/sequences that improve project completion date(s)
* Liaise with internal and external key stakeholders and third parties to establish optimum, compliant programme
* Ascertain and report progress on pre-construction and live projects, foreseeing potential delays and advising of mitigation measures
* Develop Construction, Completion and Mitigation Programmes at relevant stages of the projects, whilst maintaining Contract integrity as required
* Carry out a continuous programme of research into new and innovative building techniques and advise the Head of Planning, Technical Director and tender/contract teams of any application showing the possibility of positive benefits
Experience & Qualifications
* Sound Planning experience gained with a main contractor
* Working knowledge of the NEC Contract
* Education, Healthcare experience desirable
* 2-stage tendering experience preferable
* Claims experience preferable
* Proficient in Asta Power Project, Microsoft Project, and MS Office
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* Full UK driving licence
* Degree qualified or equivalent
If you feel that this is the job for you, then please apply below.
Bitte bewerben Sie sich ausschließlich über den hier integrierten Bewerbungsbutton auf unserer Webseite. Bewerbungen per E-Mail können nicht berücksichtigt werden.
Lesen Sie hier unsere aktuelle Datenschutzerklärung.
Wenn diese Position für Sie nicht von Interesse ist, registrieren Sie sich online mit Ihrem Lebenslauf, um künftig bei passenden Vakanzen berücksichtig werden zu können.