Senior Planner - Manchester Airport
- GBP75000 - GBP80000 per annum + car, bonus, pension, travel
- UK, North West
- Construction, Planning Engineering
- 8 Januar 2020
Job Title - Senior Planning Engineer
Location - Manchester Airport
Salary - £75,000 / £80,000 + Car allowance, pension, health cover, travel to work and bonus
Our client is involved with several key Building and Infrastructure frameworks and operate as an integrated regional construction delivery unit.
In order to support the current workload and planned expansion at Manchester Airport for MAG (Manchester Airport Group), they have a vacancy for a Senior Planner to join their team who will be based in Manchester.
The role of the Planner is to take full responsibility of the Planning function for their Manchester Airport framework as well as develop and maintain project schedules for multiple projects of varying magnitude.
- Preparation of design, procurement and construction programmes using P6 & Asta Powerproject for tenders and live projects. Programmes to include resource and cost loading, generating Earned Value reports as well as graphic and tabular progress reports
- Identifying and selecting the appropriate techniques and sequence of events for each project
- Knowledge of NEC3 and its application to the programme
- Knowledge of CDM and its impact on the programme
- Analysing sites and local environments to determine appropriate logistics solutions and resources
- Preparing logistics plans and phasing layouts
- Supporting bid teams with tender responses in relation to planning function
- Scheduling labour, selecting of major plant and access equipment including scaffold schedules, tower crane utilisation and temporary works
- Preparing detailed working programmes
- Agreeing subcontractor trade programmes
- Monitoring progress throughout the construction phase and comparing this with the base line programme and projected schedule of work
- Reporting findings and recommending solutions to recover delays
- Change management ability; recording relevant events and producing CE programmes
- Forensic planning ability; delay analysis and assessment
- Using graphical and scheduled media to reflect progress, event impacts and forecasts
- Liaising with the rest of Project Team throughout the process, making adjustments to project plans as necessary
- Preparing project and activity feedback reports
Experience and Qualifications:
- Demonstrable experience in contract and tender planning in a similar role for a main contractor
- Proven track record of successful planning preferably within the Aviation sector, including knowledge of airside works
- Ideally Degree qualified, minimum qualification to HNC, HND level
- Membership of an appropriate professional body desirable
- Highly experienced in using; Primavera P6, Asta Powerproject, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Word with knowledge in MS Project
- Able to demonstrate a high level of planning knowledge and understanding
- Good verbal and written communication skills with the ability to engage with senior managers
- Good communication skills and the ability to work within a team environment and independently
- CSCS card, clean drivers licence, valid DBS
If you feel that this is the role for you, please apply with your latest CV.
Bitte bewerben Sie sich ausschließlich über den hier integrierten Bewerbungsbutton auf unserer Webseite. Bewerbungen per E-Mail können nicht berücksichtigt werden.
Lesen Sie hier unsere aktuelle Datenschutzerklärung.
Wenn diese Position für Sie nicht von Interesse ist, registrieren Sie sich online mit Ihrem Lebenslauf, um künftig bei passenden Vakanzen berücksichtig werden zu können.