Planner - Power & Energy
- GBP40000.00 - GBP45000.00 per annum
- UK, North East & Yorkshire
- Construction, Planning Engineering
- 29 August 2019
Position: Planner - Power and Energy
Location: Middlesbrough, UK
Salary: Up to £45,000 DOE plus package (Car allowance, pension, private medical, holiday pay, etc)
My client is currently recruiting for a Planner to join their Power Transmission & Distribution business based in Middlesbrough. You will be joining an established Planning team working on a number of projects throughout England and Wales. These projects are typically 11kv & 33kv cabling and OHL projects with values of £500k to £20 million.
While experience of power and, in particular cabling projects, would be advantageous it is not an essential requirement for this role. You should be a competent P6 user with a good knowledge of smaller civils projects and strong communication and presentation skills.
This is an office based role, however will be expected to visit sites which are often in remote locations. For this reason a full driving licence is required.
What you'll be doing
As a Planner, you will:
* Planning, structuring and leading the planning of the project programme of works;
* Managing the interface between the programme and the operational staff through structured meetings, programme and progress reporting;
* Highlighting both the dependencies and the interfaces between stakeholders. Identify programme risks and propose mitigation strategies;
* Identifying programme opportunities and propose capture strategies;
* Maintaining a fully logically linked Primavera P6 project programme;
* Ensuring the schedule is resourced (plant and personnel) and update to reflect modifications in execution strategy. This will require close work with the project delivery team to regularly maintain the status of the programme;
* Providing regular updates to the programme to allow project staff to plan their works;
* Updating and report progress of the project at regular intervals to the Regional Planning Manager and Project Manager;
* Reporting on key resources including staff; operatives, key plant and equipment, supply chain and other project milestones to allow the project to proceed in accordance with the baseline;
* Providing the appropriate programming, management and interfaces between business functions and the delivery team to ensure that contractual milestones in all sections of the project delivery programme are understood, monitored and adhered to in a controlled and appropriately timely manner. This activity will require close and professional liaison with the client's planning team on a regular basis;
* Assisting in the evaluation of early warnings and preparation of compensation events and impact assessments;
* Ensuring that the established planning and scheduling methodology as per the latest issued Planning Procedure is followed;
* Assisting with the preparation of the monthly programme report and dashboards and associated supporting information.
You will have:
* Proven experience of Planning Tools such as Primavera P6 - preferably on Power Transmission projects;
* Operational experience of construction projects;
* Working experience of Project Management methodology;
* Proven ability in working with engineering / operational teams to capture real time progress.
* Experience working in an NEC3 contract environment
Please contact Joshua Misailidis in confidence for a more detailed discussion surrounding this position
Bitte bewerben Sie sich ausschließlich über den hier integrierten Bewerbungsbutton auf unserer Webseite. Bewerbungen per E-Mail können nicht berücksichtigt werden.
Lesen Sie hier unsere aktuelle Datenschutzerklärung.
Wenn diese Position für Sie nicht von Interesse ist, registrieren Sie sich online mit Ihrem Lebenslauf, um künftig bei passenden Vakanzen berücksichtig werden zu können.