- Asia, Singapore
- Compliance, Compliance Professional
- 18 November 2019
My client is a leading REIT based in Singapore. They are seeking a Legal and Compliance Officer to assist senior management to manage the legal and regulatory compliance functions of the Singapore and China Operations of a Singapore Listed REIT.
- Perform compliance reviews periodic monitoring and reporting on compliance-related matters to ensure compliance with Singapore laws and regulations
- Ensure in-house legal officer of China Operation has duly carried out his/her duties to ensure compliance with China laws and regulations, and work with Internal Auditors to ensure compliance with internal policies and procedures both in Singapore and China.
- Support the Head of Compliance and Risk Management Department in the management of the legal and regulatory compliance risks of the Singapore Office
- Liaise with external legal counsel on relevant matters
- Perform customer due diligence in Singapore Officer and to oversee the due and effective performance of customer due diligence performed by the LO in China Operation to assure due compliance with Singapore and China AML/CFT and regulations as well as industry best practices as they evolve from time to time
- Provide independent sound and timely compliance advice to Senior Management in Singapore on Singapore REIT related laws and regulations as well as industry best practices (as they change from time to time)
- Proper maintenance and updates of the compliance policy and procedure manuals in keeping with developments in Singapore law (e.g. AML/ATF Policy, Compliance Manual, Insider Trading Policy, HR Policy, IPT Policy, Delegation of Authority).
- Minimum of five years' work experience in compliance and/or audit in financial services industry, Singapore REIT background would be a plus but not a must
- degree qualified in either a finance/accounting/law discipline or equivalent
- Good Knowledge of the Securities and Futures Act and its relevant regulations and notices, such as CIS Code, CG Code
- Good Knowledge of the SGX Listing Rules
- Experience liaising with regulators (MAS and SGX) on full range of compliance matters
- Able to develop and maintain good working relationships with colleagues in Singapore and China and external parties
- Proficient in Mandarin due to business requirements in China counterparts
To succeed in this role, you will need to be comfortable working within a lean team that cover all areas of regulatory and financial crime compliance.
We are keen to consider applications who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfill the role.
License No: 12C6031/ EA Reg ID: R1551173
Cobalt Consulting (Asia) Pte Limited | License No. 12C6031
Bitte bewerben Sie sich ausschließlich über den hier integrierten Bewerbungsbutton auf unserer Webseite. Bewerbungen per E-Mail können nicht berücksichtigt werden.
Lesen Sie hier unsere aktuelle Datenschutzerklärung.
Wenn diese Position für Sie nicht von Interesse ist, registrieren Sie sich online mit Ihrem Lebenslauf, um künftig bei passenden Vakanzen berücksichtig werden zu können.